The event was held at the Georgia Tech Research Institute Conference Center and there were approximately 200 attendees.
I had the pleasure of moderating the first session for the Green Team. We discussed the following:
- What obstacles have to be overcome to gain executive level trust to support the creation and execution of new media and social web marketing programs?
- What tactics and strategies are off the table?
- What new media and social web marketing programs are much easier to explain and execute? What programs are easier to get executive buy-in?
Team Green proposed the following in response to the questions above:
- overcoming executive fear through education
- developing a cohesive and well-thought out strategy
- explaining how social media is another channel to the consumer