- Positioning - Be able to position your brand and your products and services.
- Customer Segmentation - Know who you are targeting for your product or service.
- Brand & Product Strategy - What is it? How will you win? How will you go to market?
- Groundswell - Learn the Groundswell Framework that relies on you knowing Positioning, Customer Segmentation & Targeting, and Brand & Product Strategy. Knowing these and using the framework will allow you to assess your customers and strategize on how to best interact with them on the internet.
- Experiment - Once you have the above well understood, try some low cost experiments and engage with your customers. Listen to your customers and find out how they would like to engage with you. It might be a blog, it might just be through your branded website, it might be through social networking sites like myspace and facebook or it might be through innovative services like Twitter. Let them guide you to the right technologies and services.
Someday, this will not even be a discussion point as interactive marketing will just be another, and possibly major, part of integrated marketing.